The TL;DR version:
- Humblebee & Me will never share, sell, or license your data. That’s just rude. Yuck.
- Humblebee & Me is a blog that shares free cosmetic formulations and cosmetic formulation education.
- Visitors do not need to sign up, create an account, or pay to access Humblebee & Me.
- If you leave a comment on the website you will be sharing your name (you can use a pseudonym if you wish), your email address, your IP address, and the content of your comment. Sharing a URL is optional. Only your name, URL (if provided), and the content of the comment is published publicly.
- If you sign up for the Humblebee & Me email list you will be sharing your email address with Humblebee & Me. You can instantly unsubscribe at any time using the “Unsubscribe” link that appears at the bottom of every single email you’ll ever get from Humblebee & Me. It’s very easy, I promise!
- If you give cookie consent via the cookie consent pop-up some cookies of the non-edible form will get involved. Please scroll down to learn more.
- If you want to see what data Humblebee & Me has on you, you can contact Humblebee & Me at privacy[at]humblebeeandme.com. Humblebee & Me can tell you what data is held, that data can be changed, and you can ask that Humblebee & Me restricts how you are contacted. Your data can also be permanently deleted on your request.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
All personal information collected by the Site is done only with your consent and/or action. Examples: if you agree to cookies via the cookie disclosure/permission notice; if you subscribe to our mailing list; if you leave a comment.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
We collect information about visitors who comment for the Akismet anti-spam service. The information Askimet collects typically includes the commenter’s IP address, user agent, referrer, and Site URL (along with other information directly provided by the commenter such as their name, username, email address, and the comment itself). This information is solely used to determine if the comment is likely to be spam or legitimate.
If you leave a comment, the email address you provide when you leave the comment will be automatically cross-referenced with the a list of current Patron email addresses in order to highlight the comment writer as a Patron. This benefit is explicitly stated on Patreon when signing up as a Patron. If you are a Patron and do not wish to highlighted as such:
- Comment with a different email address than you use with Patreon.com OR
- Click the “Unsubscribe” link in the welcome email you receive from Humblebee & Me after becoming a patron.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year unless you delete them earlier.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). This is not common practice for this website, but it is not out of the realm of possibility. Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue. Additionally, this is so your comment continues to exist on the website. If you have previously left a comment on the website and want it removed, please contact us via the contact information listed at the bottom of this page.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments are checked through an automated spam detection service.
When you visit the Site, you are automatically asked for consent regarding the information we may collect. Depending on the consent given, this may contain certain information about your device, information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
Depending on the consent given, we may collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally, if you leave a comment on the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, email address, IP address, and your website URL (optional). We refer to this information as “Comment Information.”
If you choose to opt-in to the Humblebee & Me mailing list we will collect your email address and IP address. Your name is optional. We refer to this information as “Email information.”
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Comment information to identify and distinguish you from other commenters, to reply to your comments, and to communicate with you.
We use Email information to communicate with you and provide you with information relating to our newly published content.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Your information is never sold or shared. As this site has no commerce function, you will receive no commerce related communications from the site.
We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. We use MonsterAnalytics to ensure our use of Google Analytics is GDPR compliant. It does this by:
- Anonymizing IP addresses on all Google Analytics hits, eCommerce hits, and form tracking hits
- Disabling UserID tracking on Google Analytics hits, eCommerce hits, form tracking hits, and the UserID dimension in the Custom Dimensions addon
- Disables author tracking in the Custom Dimensions addon
- Enables the ga() compatibility mode
- Disables the Demographics and Interests Reports for Remarketing and Advertising tracking on Google Analytics hits
- Allows AMP users to agree on the Google AMP Consent Box before being tracked
You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We use Google AdSense to serve you with advertisements to help offset the costs of keeping the Site online at no cost to visitors. We are an Amazon Affiliate and earn from qualifying purchases.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you give consent, we share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, if you consent, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by visiting https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous.
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you leave a comment on the Site, we will maintain your Comment Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information. Comment information includes but is not limited to:
- The name you leave when you create the comment
- Your email address
- Your IP address
- The time & date the comment was made
- The content of the comment itself
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at privacy[at]humblebeeandme.com. Humblebee & Me is a one person operation; the only person you can reach out to for any reason is Marie. She is everything, including head formulator, “representative”, janitor, designer, and photographer.
Humblebee & Me does not have an explicit Data Protection Officer as; it has fewer than 250 employees; it does not collect the personal data listed in Article 9 or Article 10 of the GDPR; and it does not engage in regular and systematic monitoring of data subjects on a large scale.